Industry News | CWP
Paducah claimants have opportunity to address Advisory Board
November 4, 2019
November 4, 2019
Advisory Board to the Department of Labor to hold meeting November 20-21, 2019
The Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health will hold an in-person meeting November 20-21, 2019, at the Holiday Inn Paducah Riverfront Hotel, 600 N. 4th Street, Paducah, KY.
The November 20, 2019 session will be held from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM with a public comment period beginning at 4:30 PM, Central Time. The November 21, 2019 session will be held from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM, Central Time.
DOL will provide information to access this meeting via telephone at least 72 hours before the meeting: Click Here
Information for individuals who wish to make public comments should notify the board by November 13, 2019.
Comments, requests to speak, submissions of materials for the record, and requests for special accommodations: You must submit (postmark, send, transmit) comments, requests to address the Advisory Board, speaker presentations, and requests for special accommodations for the meetings by November 13, 2019.
- Electronically: Send to: [email protected] (specify in the email subject line, for example “Request to Speak: Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health”).
- Mail, express delivery, hand delivery, messenger, or courier service: Submit one copy to the following address: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health, Room S-3522, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20210. Due to security-related procedures, receipt of submissions by regular mail may experience significant delays.
- Submissions must include the Agency name (OWCP), the name of the committee (Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health), and the date of the meeting (November 20-21-2019), the amount of time requested to speak; the interest you represent (g., business, organization, affiliation), if any; and a brief outline of the presentation. It will also be helpful to let the Board know if you plan to call in your comments.
- Requests for special accommodations: Please submit requests for special accommodations to attend the Advisory Board meeting by email, telephone, or hard copy to Ms. Carrie Rhoads, OWCP, Room S-3524, U.S. Department of Labor, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20210; telephone (202) 343-5580; email [email protected].
The tentative agenda for the Advisory Board meeting includes:
- Review and follow-up on Advisory Board’s previous recommendations, data requests, and action items;
- Discussions from Advisory Board working groups;
- Review of claims;
- Review of public comments;
- Review of Board tasks, structure and work agenda;
- Consideration of any new issues; and
- Public comments.
Cold War Patriots urge claimants and other stakeholders to attend this important meeting. We will also provide a summary of the meeting for those who cannot attend or listen in to the meeting.