Industry News | CWP Admin
Advisory Board to the Department of Labor Changes In-person Meeting to Teleconference
March 20, 2020
March 20, 2020
The Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health will meet April 15-16, 2020, via teleconference instead of having an in-person meeting originally scheduled to be held near the Nevada Test Site. The teleconference will run from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time both days.
The teleconference number and other details for participating remotely will be posted on the Advisory Board’s website, http://www.dol.gov/owcp/energy/regs/compliance/AdvisoryBoard.htm, 72 hours prior to the commencement of the first meeting date. Advisory Board meetings are open to the public. Cold War Patriots will update this page when the access information becomes available.
Public comment session: Wednesday, April 15, 2020, from 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time. Please note that the public comment session ends at the time indicated or following the last call for comments, whichever is earlier. Members of the public who wish to provide public comments should plan to call in to the public comment session at the start time listed.
Submission of comments, requests to speak, and materials for the record: You must submit comments, materials, and requests to speak at the Advisory Board meeting by April 8, 2020, identified by the Advisory Board name and the meeting date of April 15-16, 2020, by any of the following methods:
- Electronically:Send to: [email protected] (specify in the email subject line, for example “Request to Speak: Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health”).
- Mail, express delivery, hand delivery, messenger, or courier service:Submit one copy to the following address: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health, Room S-3522, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20210.
Your submissions must include the Agency name (OWCP), the committee name (the Advisory Board), and the meeting date (April 15-16, 2020).
- The amount of time requested to speak;
- The interest you represent (g.,business, organization, affiliation), if any; and
- A brief outline of the presentation.
The tentative agenda for the Advisory Board meeting includes:
- Review and follow-up on Advisory Board’s previous recommendations, data requests, and action items;
- Discussions from Advisory Board working groups;
- Review of claims;
- Review of public comments;
- Review of Board tasks, structure and work agenda;
- Consideration of any new issues; and
- Public comments.
For those of you who will be unable to listen to the meeting, Cold War Patriots will provide a summary.