CWP News | CWP
Next Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health Meeting June 29, 2022
June 15, 2022
June 15, 2022
The Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health for the Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Program Act (EEOICPA) will hold their next meeting via teleconference on June 29, 2022, 1:00pm – 4:00pm ET.
The Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health will advise the Secretary of Labor with respect to technical aspects of the EEOICPA program:
- the site exposure matrices of the Department of Labor;
- medical guidance for claims examiners for claims under this subtitle with respect to the weighing of the medical evidence of claimants;
- evidentiary requirements for claims under subtitle B related to lung disease;
- the work of industrial hygienists and staff physicians and consulting physicians of the Department and reports of such hygienists and physicians to ensure quality, objectivity, and consistency;
- the claims adjudication process generally, including review of procedure manual changes prior to incorporation into the manual and claims for medical benefits; and
- such other matters as the Secretary considers appropriate.
The Advisory Board’s Charter is posted here. By Charter, the Advisory Board must meet at least twice per year.
Details of the meeting can be found here.