Industry News | CWP
The Advisory Board to Department of Labor to Hold Last Meeting Before the Two-Year Term Expires
June 10, 2020
June 10, 2020
The Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health will meet June 16, 2020, via teleconference, from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern time.
To join this virtual meeting, please follow the below steps. The Webex link will allow you to see materials being discussed, and the phone number will allow you to listen in to this discussion. If you wish to only participate via a telephone call, you only need to complete Step 1.
- Call 800-779-9017 and enter Participant code: 8672508#
- Click on this link: Join the meeting
Meeting password: ABJune2020! (the password should be pre-filled but can be entered)
Then click: “Join Now”
- When prompted, enter your name and email address
- When prompted, either click “Run” or download the Cisco WebEx app (make sure ad-blocking software is turned off)
Agenda: The tentative agenda for the Advisory Board meeting includes:
- Discuss any recommendation responses provided by the program and status of outstanding recommendations;
- Discuss data provided by the program at the request of the Board;
- Discuss cases provided by the program at the request of the Board;
- Working group reports and follow up items from the Board’s previous meetings;
- Discuss recent program changes; and
- Administrative issues raised by Advisory Board functions and future Advisory Board activities.
Submissions of comments and materials for the record, and requests for special accommodations: You must submit (postmark, send, transmit) comments, materials, and requests for special accommodations for the meetings by June 9, 2020, by any of the following methods:
Electronically: Send to: [email protected] (specify in the email subject line, “Advisory Board Meeting June 16, 2020”).
Mail, express delivery, hand delivery, messenger, or courier service: Submit one copy to the following address: U.S. Department of Labor, Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, Advisory Board on Toxic Substances and Worker Health, Room S-3522, 200 Constitution Ave. NW, Washington, DC 20210. Due to security-related procedures, receipt of submissions by regular mail may experience significant delays.
All Advisory Board meetings are open to the public. The teleconference number and other details for listening to the meeting will be posted on the Advisory Board’s website no later than 72 hours prior to the meeting, at http://www.dol.gov/owcp/energy/regs/compliance/AdvisoryBoard.htm.
The term of this board expires in July of 2020. The Department of Labor published a notice seeking nominations to the board. Current board members could apply to be re-appointed.